Thursday, July 3, 2008

Eggs! : Opening Sequence Idea

HI!

Sorry to distract from TWD - but I wanted to share this idea with you all. I talked to Leslie briefly about it yesterday.

I know we were talking about something in the beginning of the show (right at the top) that kind of explains about the world we're trying to portray. We also discussed a musical number that would talk about Bizmat Eggs - and slowly the audience would start to understand that aliens are harvesting HUMAN eggs - and that the word Bizmat, basically means human.

My idea is to have an opening video (so we can continue to incorporate multimedia into our stage shows-- which i love) that is a "Training video" for new alien employees that work at Bizco - the giant government regulated company that produces and sells Bizmat Eggs.


The training video will be able to tell all about how the eggs are procured and produced. We can have a song in there, and some other stuff. It'll also allow us to be a little silly and campy - because all training videos are retarded.


Let me know what you think. Also I had this idea that the aliens just rip off stuff from "the world that was" - for example their flag should look like this :

Where the aliens consider it like - their planet taking over another planet... but to Bizmats it looks like a pacman. I don't know. It's funny.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Bien! Me Gusta!

I really like the training video idea. It lets us use multimedia and also lets us use more special effects in order to set up the scene.

now I have one question. is this a drama? dramedy? musical? we might want to hem it down...

Natalie said...

I was thinking "A Musical Dramedy"

That's just my vote. I know it doesn't really narrow it down, but I don't want to have it be all one thing. I think it would be limiting.

Anyone else?

PS les, thanks for the post. Let's keep stuff going! Who's turn is it for The White Door?