Friday, June 27, 2008

The White Door IV

part iii




A flash of white and I feel a burning in my hand. As I snatch my hand away I look down and see my hand shadowed in white. No two hands, both snatching away from the handle. I look up and instead of seeing the door I see... me. Me and my apartment behind me. As if through a window surrounded by white. Where am I? Some white room. I look back at myself. But this is no mirror. That's not me anymore.

"Well, well, well," my doppel sneered at me with a curled upper lip, "someone finally got up the courage to try to open the door." She glances all around, not seeing me but knowing I'm here. "Do you have any idea," she says suddenly, grabbing the sides of the door and shaking it violently, "how long I've been trapped in that godforsaken door?" She lets go and the door topples back at an odd angle making me dizzy.

"No more. Today I start living my life again. Or should I say," she intones picking up Galaxy and glaring at the door, "yours."

2 comments:

Chrysteena said...

AAAAAAAAhhhh!!! OOOOHHHHhooohhohhohoho.

Natalie said...

neeat.

leslie, where are you?