Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The White Door

All right. Well I started writing a story last night because I saw a door on a porch outside my window. But if you have ever read my stories they never finish! Well maybe us together will be able to finish this story. It's like me, fantasy and a little bit of science fiction, so write! :)


There has been a white door sitting on my porch for two days. I'm not sure how it got there as my porch is private and I live alone. The door is skinny, like it could be half of some other door. It looks old, scratched, and the knob is dull brass. It's leaning against a pole like there shouldn't be anything behind it. But I believe in more than that. It has to be more than that. I took off work today because I wanted to see what was behind it, but it's 3pm and all I've done is stare at it. I don't think anything is coming through because I thought by now if something was going to, it would have.
I've been holding this coffee for so long its cold, wondering why it's picked my porch. Why me?

My name is Melissa. I've lived in this apartment for three months. I work in real estate wasting my history degree and making good enough money. I'm boring. I don't go out. I don't have many friends. I don't see why...of all these porches...this door picked mine.

No comments: