Monday, June 30, 2008

The White Door VI

I felt a buzzing, and an enormous amount of pressure on my face. I pulled back from the bathroom mirror.


It was quiet. It was white. I was stuck in some sore of alternate dimension.


I sat down on the floor. It was white tile (go figure) that stretched out as far as I could see in any direction. The feeling of vertigo slowly subsided as I sat. Somehow in the last three minutes, all of my clothes disappeared, and I'm draped in a white jumpsuit that looks like a pilot outfit. The only trace of color in the room are my red Converse shoes.

I can't wrap my head around all of my emotions. I'm confused. I'm tired. I'm hungry. I'm confused. Who is this person? What is this place? What the hell am I supposed to do now? Do I go back home? What's the point? Other than Galaxy and my mom, no one would even know I went missing.

But, no. I can't let her live my life. She doesn't get to take over everything I've worked for. Sure it's a dumpy apartment. Sure it's a stub-tailed cat. Sure the only person that cares about me is my mom. But it's MY life.

The glimmering rectangle that lead to my bathroom slowly fizzled out, until it was gone entirely. There was nothing left but the white door. But the only way it would open, is if somebody opened it from the other side.

*Ping*

I looked up towards the noise.

*Ping*

It was coming from the wall.

*Ping* ZAP.

Another luminous rectangle.

No comments: