Sunday, June 29, 2008

White Door V

Hey guys, sorry it took me so long to get around to posting. - Donut

I hammer my fist desperately against the door, run my hands along its face and edges searching for a handle, a latch, a groove, anything. It is flat, seamless. I cry out and my voice sounds strangely muffled. I watch as that horrid doppel bitch steps into my front door and shuts it behind her. With a groan, I turn to examine the room. It is like nothing I've ever seen. Everything is the same brilliant white. I can't get any sense of the room's size because there doesn't seem to be any walls or corners in the white. A wave of nausea sweeps over me. I gasp and reach to steady myself against the door, but my hand meets nothing. Panicking, I flail my arms about, as my heart beat speeds to a pace that actually causes physical pain in my chest. I stumble forward. But is it forward? I've lost all sense of direction in this endless white.

Just then I hear a yowl and an angry hiss. "Galaxy!" I cry. I run towards the sound. "Galaxy, I'm coming!" I run through the white thick fog and the hissing grows louder. Then I hear her voice, the same as mine, but eerily cold. "Come out!" She demands "Come out from there, you little shit!" I continue running towards the sounds until I see a a rectangle of light in the distance. It looks similar to the door, but smaller. I reach the rectangle and press my face against it. I realize that I'm staring into the bathroom of my own apartment. It's clear from my vantage point that I'm looking out from behind the mirror over the sink. I can see Galaxy crouched, her back arched, between the wall and the far side of my claw foot tub. And there she is, grasping angrily at the cat, a few droplets of blood forming along a long scratch running down her arm. Well, I'm glad now that I never got around to having her de-clawed.